Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It wasn't just me, apparently.

Weird morning. I went to sleep quite late last night - showered, and read a few pages in some book - and was a bit worried I'd oversleep, just because I had arranged to see a friend early today. That, however, was not an issue. At about 6.20 AM I was shook awake by what I thought was the construction work in the railway tunnel they're building beneath our house, and since the activity in said tunnel has been quite loud at times, I went back to sleep for another hour. Later, when I met up with my friend, she asked me "Did the earthquake wake you up?", and I finally managed to add things up, realising that construction work probably doesn't make your bed sway for 10 seconds! The papers say it was a 4.7 - the highest in Sweden since 1904.

Christmas preparations are coming along rather nicely: 2 ½ gifts done, 2 ½ to go! Train tickets were booked a couple of months ago, and since I'll be away until January 2nd, I've even arranged for my mail to be sent to my parents (which obviously is where I'm going) for the duration of my stay.

OK, nonsense, OT, personal post today, but it's what I've got for now. I believe it's time for a quick nap now, and later the Feast of Winter Veil awaits. :)

No comments: