Friday, December 5, 2008

/cry

Oh, crappers. I'll be moving house some time in February next year, and I may not be able to get a broadband internet connection at the new place (which is hopefully quite temporary)... During the past 48 hours, I've been looking for a solution, and have come up with three possibilities:

  • Dial-up 56k modem - my WoW-time would be limited to AH and perhaps some low-level activity, apparently with serious lag. Sucky is just the beginning. Plus, I don't really enjoy playing the AH.
  • Mobile broadband - I've heard it's supposed to be a bit unstable, and considering the place I'm moving to is located in the backwaters of the most backwatery backwaters, I doubt I'll even get connected long enough to make it worth the money. WoW is supposed to work OK on it, though, if one manages to establish a connection.
  • Real, hard core broadband. It will cost a bit to get started, and it would require other people than me to give a green light, but it would be so sweet. Don't know if this one has any chance of happening, though.
Anyway, I'm going to try and savour every moment I have online, and not afk in AH while watching a movie. If I end up not having any WoW at all this spring, Buffy and the PS2 will be my best friends for a while...

Back to huntress - level 52 and counting :)

No comments: