Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Week of Vacation (of Sorts)

So, I'm spending the week by myself, since the husband is on a work related trip to Rotterdam until Tuesday next week. When I spoke to my parents a couple of days ago they found out about my being solo for a few days, and insisted that I come to visit them, especially since this Friday/Saturday is Midsummer, which usually means party/fun dinner/general silliness in Sweden, but since we're going to visit them in the beginning of July, and since I feel that celebrating Christmas, new year's and birthdays are enough holidays for me, I'm staying put. Also, I don't really feel like spending a week(!) without internet, and without the freedom to choose to watch anything but nature related TV-shows.

So far I've gotten a lot of sleep, something I believe has helped mending my sore shoulder (silly me, spent last Friday walking around town, not wearing a sweater/coat/jacket, and the wind decided I needed a stiff shoulder - haven't been able to look to the left for days!), and last night I watched a movie, White Nights, starring Michail Baryshnikov and Gregory Hines.
I have a soft spot for dancing movies, and for Baryshnikov, so double fun!

Late last night I got around to questing a bit with my hunter - getting ogres drunk and then killing them, what more can one need? She's inching towards level 67, and I'm really looking forward to have her kick ass in Netherstorm. Tonight I may give Area 52 a shot - as I recall it, their quests are fun.
Most of all I'm looking to get Consortium rep, though - I plan to get a Flying Machine Control as soon as she dings 70, and I have yet to see an Elemental Seaforium Charge on the AH - so I guess I'll have to grind a huge amount of ogres in Nagrand, and then a huge amount of ethereals in Netherstorm. There are quite a few quests to do for Consortium rep, but somehow I felt I ended up short when doing them on the druid. I did go about it the wrong way, though - handed all my war beads over to the Kurenai, to get that sweet talbuk... Back then, about a year ago, I had most of the ogres to myself, though - less people had made it to Outland, and even fewer had discovered the "grinding ogres"-thing - but now everyone is there! Hmm. Maybe I should stay up late tonight, to do some serious grinding, when all the kiddies have gone to bed.

My plan for now: Getting some late lunch, probably the two remaining spring rolls I have waiting in the freezer, followed by some well needed washing of dishes (endlessly boring, but necessary). I should also go for a walk some time before it gets dark - probably around the park, 'cause it's so much fun avoiding to step in bird poo.

No comments: