Friday, June 27, 2008

The Power of the Light Compels You!

Today has been a day of an unusually large amount of posts - I will probably not be able to keep this pace up, but I'll do my best to publish once a day, at least - sometimes you just have a lot to say about nothing. :)

Earlier I finally got a positive response from my professor - phew + yay!

Lately I've been thinking about paladins. I have two of them - one ally, one horde, one level 23, one level 18 - and so far I'm leveling them both. Every once in a while, at least. I'd really like to have a plate-wearing character, and the tanking possibilities are appealing. Better multi-mob tanking, you say? Sounds like something for me.

The alliance one is a human female, and I started her with the intention of going prot some day, and the race was chosen because I'm well aware of the pain rep grinding can be - 10 % extra rep sounds like enough to make a real difference. Since I a lot of the time have the attention span of a goldfish, she's been put on ice until recently. When I started playing her again, I respecced her retribution - prot before level 40 is just too slow for me...

The horde one is obviously a blood elf, and a female. She was started because of this fancy site my husband found: RETLOL - The Guide. Seal of Blood, once you get it, is supposed to be the thing to have when doing PVE as retribution, and the blood elf racials (Mana Tap and Arcane Torrent) are by some people considered to be nice alternatives to the regular Avenger's Shield pulling - I have seen that Captain America-thing go off to mobs you didn't expect it to reach, and maybe Mana Tap can be useful in crowded places? I don't know, really, but since the range is the same it doesn't seem completely useless. And Arcane Torrent should be useful when trying to pull casters. But then again, an 8 yard radius - hmm. As I've said already - haven't gotten any pally past level 23, so I can't really have a qualified opinion. Anyway, the belf was started with the goal set to retribution, and that's were she is.

Now, since I can't decide which one to level - easier rep or fancy schmancy seal - I'm going to try and alter between them. The human will probably go prot somewhere around 40, so there's some kind of variation, while the belf stays retri. And yeah, yeah, I'm aware of the Holy tree, but someone would have to pay me a substantial amount of RL cash if I was to level up as holy!

So, there it is. Hopefully I won't lose interest in this project completely now that I've kind of made it public :D

No comments: