Friday, June 27, 2008

Smoother, faster, but a bit weird...

Yesterday I did what one could consider a rather full set of dailies for the first time on my hunter. This includes all of the Shattered Sun Offensive ones, except A'tamal Armaments, the fishing and cooking dailies, and two of the three Midsummer Fire Festival ones (I really have a problem with the torchcatching). (Right now, the neighbour is going crazy, singing "Memories". Oh. My. GOD! That woman must have suffered some kind of brain damage at some point...)

Anyway, it went very smoothly, in spite of the fact that some of her gear is from the early 60's (/shame). Something that did bother me, though, was the feeling that people even more shamelessly than usual were trying to steal my mobs. I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to playing my hunter, especially after that time in the 40's when some rogue was convinced she was a bot, in spite of the fact that I used friggin' stings, had a named, rare-ish pet, and was pretty good at talking back, but I honestly think people get ticked off by just seeing a nelf hunter in nab gear. Like "oh, now I can get payback for that time in the Deadmines when a nelftard ninjaed my staff/mace/ring/whatever". If that is the case: Seriously, get over it. I'm a good person, a decent player, and I'm educated enough to know that Plasma Rat's Hyper-Scythe is crap for me. (I once saw a hunter with that one, with Mongoose on it. Another time it was Singing Crystal Axe, same enchant...)

IRL I'm waiting for a response to an e-mail I sent to my professor, regarding continuing the work on my final paper in the fall. Unfortunately he's on vacation, and he seems to be serious about it - i.e. not checking his inbox...

No comments: