Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Due to renting a couple of movies last night, while I was out for sushi, I didn't find enough time to get my druid started in Icecrown. I did, however, do a few dailies, and open the Mysterious Egg she's had hatching in her bags since before Christmas. In my last egg I got the stupid Aged Yolk, but yesterday I looted an über cool Proto-Drake Whelp! It has the special ability of following your character up in the air while you're out flying, and that's very nice. However, it can't keep up with epic flying speed, and I guess it ends up getting dismissed if you get too far away from it. It's a nice special effect, though, since all the old "flying" pets - parrots, whelps and so on - can't really fly.

The druid now has 63 mini pets, and I'm getting a bit curious as to how many people will be able to complete the Lil' Game Hunter achievement I've read about over at MMO-Champion (scroll down a bit, it's under "Achievements", right above the pics of the blue dragonhawk mounts).

I really don't feel like spending a lot of RL cash on in game-stuff, so all of the TCG-loot and pets from old Collector's Editions are out of bounds. New CE's are of course OK, since I already got the WotLK one :D But no ebay for me.

In total, I think I'll only be able to round up about 84 pets, not counting Mojo, Phoenix Hatchling and the two engineering specialization pets, so getting those 100 mini pets together will certainly be an achievement! I'm assuming they'll add a few extra pets, attainable in game, to make the achievement possible to complete without going on ebay, since I'm not sure it's even possible to get 100 at the moment (without buying TCG-cards, I mean).

Through a bit of, you know, looking around on the interwebz, I stumbled upon myself in Lady Jess's blog roll! As stated earlier, I'm in no way after getting linked, but still: Cool! and /wave!

3 comments:

Negathle said...

Back in early BC, when hunter's pets didn't automatically dismiss themselves when you mount, I always wondered why my Windserpents couldn't just fly beside me instead of just staying a meter above the ground.

Annie said...

I hadn't yet tried the hunter class back then, but I do remember seeing it when I had just started playing - matching pet and mount looked very cool to a wee druid :D

However, I'm assuming a pet in defensive mode would start fighting any mob you aggroed while mounted with the pet out?

Negathle said...

No, it would automatically switch to passive; however, when flying, it wouldn't dismiss due to distance for a long ways, so there was always a chance of your pet aggroing and dying to mobs you fly over. It was rare, but annoying to enter combat.