Monday, January 5, 2009

A bit of catching up to do.

I got back from spending Christmas and New Year's at my parents' a couple of days ago, and am trying to get over the fact that I don't have a dishwasher :D

As I left here on the 23rd, and didn't get back until the 2nd, I totally missed out on the Winter Veil gifts, and couldn't really get the Merrymaker-title this time around. I do hope they'll change the achievement to include something other than Crashin' & Thrashin' next Christmas, though, since I'm quite sure I'll be able to take part in the festivities then. Who knows, in a few years one of my characters might even be flying around on a Violet Proto-Drake! But yeah, a few years, if ever. My druid's only missing the Hallowed Helmet for Hallowed Be Thy Name, though, and she's in the Brew of the Month club, so she's off to a good start, for a casual player!

The title of this blog is (as you can see) Druid in Denial, but the subtitle is quite important: I'm a casual player, but I have more alts than would be considered healthy by a lot of people. Also, I don't really have an ambition to change the history of WoW-playing with this blog. It's a trivial little thing I spend a bit of time on every now and then, and of course it's great if other people enjoy it too.
However, I just wanted to point out that I'm leaving all the "serious" stuff to others, who do it better. It's not that I don't read up on specs, gear, rotations and tactics when I need to, it's more about me loving the silly parts of the game, smelling the roses and whatnot :) And, RL changes recently and in the near future have left me with a lack of motivation for instancing and raiding. That may very well change in the future, when things stabilize, 'cause it's so much fun, but for now my play time is more or less a solo spring break.

My moonkin has been on something of a vacation lately, since I've been working on the new huntress for a while, but I think I'll take her out for a spin tonight - there ought to be some cool balance gear in Icecrown!

And ooh! A /wave to Negathle, who put me on her blogroll! Seriously, if you want the dish on MM hunters, and general opinions from a far more seasoned hunter than myself, her blog is, you know, it. I've read her blog (and Pike's and BRK's blogs) for quite a while, learning and laughing a lot, and while I'm not really after getting linked, it left me a bit excited, in a terrified sort of way.

OK, long, slightly incoherent post ends here. I'm off to find out if my favourite sushi place is open.

1 comment:

Negathle said...

I still get that feeling when I find someone links The Butterfly!

Curses to that Hallowed Helm, amirite?