Monday, April 27, 2009

More bunnies, please. No, really!

Noblegarden, from an achievement point of view the "easiest" world event" has been up and running for a bit more than a day and a half now. It's one of the easiest titles one can get - it seems to be possible for a level 1 to do it (with a bodyguard and portals, of course, and yeah, the character would level up from exploring and such) - and I bet everyone who wants it will have it by the end of the event, ie Sunday (I'm guessing it ends at 00.01, when Sunday starts, so Saturday will be the last day to do stuff). So far I haven't actually gotten the title on any character, but Bunnyhop and Rahamra have gathered all the Noblegarden Chocolates and merchandise they need to complete the meta. I'll probably try and do the whole thing on my mage and the semi-retired druid as well.

Now, the next world event will be quite a bit harder, achievement-wise. Children's Week starts on May 1st(?), and the meta associated with it requires you to complete School of Hard Knocks. I don't like it. Sephrenia feels that this is what stands between her and the Violet Proto, and I have to say it feels the same way for me. OK, the characters on which I'll be trying to get this achievement done are a hunter and a druid - not very squishy at all - and I bet a lot of people would go "QQ moar" if they heard me complain, but I still think this achievement is unnecessarily hard. A lot of people will be trying to do the exact same thing at the same time, and, well, BG:s often seem to bring out the worst in people as it is.

Once an Orphan (kill 10 players with their orphan out) was removed completely, due to it being politically incorrect, and that's something I can definitely sympathize with. However, I'd rather have an achievement along the lines of "win one of each BG:s with your orphan out", or a better version of School of Hard Knocks: Make someone's capture/return/assault count for everyone of the same faction within 15 yards or so from the "acting" player. That way, better battleground pvp would be promoted, we wouldn't have 30 people camping the flag in EotS, and healy clothies would be able to get Violet Proto's.

However, with the situation being as it is, I'm hoping for good, achievement orientated pre-mades, much like the "hey, let's kill the boss in normal Utgarde Keep enough times for everyone in the group to get the flowers"-pugs. Let's keep our fingers crossed there will be many patient, achievement-hungry non-regular-pvp:ers who can help each other out with this one! "Matron Bunnyhop", that'd be something.

Back to Noblegarden, though: I'd love love love to have a mini pet like the bunny you sometimes get turned into when opening the hidden eggs! Pink bunnies ftw :D

No comments: