Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hi-tech Durid.

Sadly it seems the day has come for my graphics card to retire. I haven't managed to find the correct drivers for it (no CD anywhere, and not online, since it's oooold), and now everything is either stretched out vertically (the regular interface, Firefox and so on), or horisontally (WoW). Also, since it's a bit older than what Blizzard recommends for WotLK, and since my fps has been heartbreaking for a while, I've decided to get a new one.

Well, semi-new, since I can't afford any of the ones I actually want. So, I'll be getting a Nvidia Geforce 9500GT, upgrading from the fancy MSI Geforce 7300GT - better late than never, right? Guess it's time to keep my fingers crossed that the rest of my darling computer will survive this ordeal.

Another reason for not getting a better one, is the vain hope that I'll be able to get a whole new computer sometime next year. I would love it so dearly, and tenderly keep it as dust-free as I can! Hence, also keeping fingers crossed for an improved spring economy!

No comments: