Friday, June 5, 2009

You mean, like a dog-cat? That's fantastic!

So, I'm back in business. The computer is working again, after a lot of swearing, and thanking nature for my fairly small hands and long fingers (making stuff like replacing parts in my PC a lot easier, than if I had big giant man hands), and now I'm getting back into reading blogs, and back into the game.

I've spent quite a bit of time ooh-ing and aah-ing over the new skins for cat- and beardruids, and if it wasn't for the whole "tanking as a bear turns me into a nervous wreck"-thing, I'd have my Rahamra moonlight as feral, and run around as a super cool kitty all the time. Maybe I'll be running around as a kitty anyway, as resto... I have to say this, though: Tauren kitties are the winners here. The nelf cat has always been fine, if you ask me - sneaky, panthery, with a nice colour - while the tauren cat has been... Well, you know. Open-mouthed, yellow thing, with horns. Like the really, really ugly cousin of those cool lions in the Barrens. But now, now they're just beautifully sleek and cool. I mean, the black one with a grey mane? How cool is that?



Most of all, I love the new face. Like Allison Robert pointed out over at WoW.com, the new tauren cat looks a lot like a Bull Terrier, and I love it. Even though I haven't played horde past level 25 (yet!), this seems to be a Thunder Bluff-worthy cat, and I can't wait to see what it looks like in motion. The new nelf cat skins look great, too - softer edges, nice colours and all that - but it's just not as cool as the new horde kitty.

Being more of a caster druid, I'm of course waiting for new skins for the moonkin, and the tree, I guess. I haven't used my tree form a whole lot, so I haven't really had a chance to grow sick of it the way many raiders seem to have done. So far, I've considered it quite funky, with the best dance in game <3 The moonkin form, on the other hand... I like the fact that you can see the weapon you have equipped, but since my old druid was a moonkin most of the time, and since Rahamra is using balance for questing, I've spent a lot of time during the past two and a half years staring at a nelf moonkin. Yes, it's a thousand times better than the (old) tauren cat. Yes, it's cute and cuddly. But. It's a fat bear-owl. With horns. I'm not asking for anything huge, but having the colour of the feathers change when I take my girl to the barber shop would be sweet. And I guess that's what it's going to be about, whenever they're ready to release new moonkin and trees.

Well, as much as I love playing a druid, and being able to shift into different forms, I also love playing other classes, where a piece of armor can change their look entirely (which means my priest is still running around Outland in what looks like underwear and Pretty Woman-boots). OK, I'm off to get something to eat, and then I'll be doing some druiding :)

No comments: